Thompson Private Wealth was founded in 2005. We assist our clients with comprehensive financial advice. Our mission is to provide excellent customer service and proven, professional advice.
With the different aspects of our financial lives so intertwined it is essential that you have one person giving you advice on many fronts. This ensures that the parts of your financial life are working in harmony with each other.
We operate on a fee based platform. This allows us to charge for our advice and the client doesn’t need to wonder if we are giving advice for their benefit or ours.
We are always looking to add a few good clients. Call us today; we look forward to finding out if our services can help you.
Want to know how we can help?
Ray Thompson attended the University of Sioux Falls and received a Bachelors degree in Public Accounting and Business Administration. He enjoys assisting clients with educated, professional advice. He has a high interest in the most complicated financial planning and income tax strategies, and really thrives guiding clients through these situations.
Licenses and Affiliations:
- EA – Enrolled Agent. An enrolled agent is a person who has earned the privilege of representing taxpayers before the Internal Revenue Service by passing a three-part comprehensive IRS test covering individual and business tax returns. Enrolled agent status is the highest credential the IRS awards.Enrolled agents, like attorneys and certified public accountants (CPAs), have unlimited practice rights. This means they are unrestricted as to which taxpayers they can represent, what types of tax matters they can handle, and which IRS offices they can represent clients before.
- Series 65 Securities License: This securities license is required by most U.S. states for individuals who act as investment advisors. The Series 65 exam, called the Uniform Investment Adviser Law Examination, covers laws, regulations, ethics and topics such as retirement planning, portfolio management strategies and fiduciary responsibilities.
- Member of the Financial Planning Association
- Member of the National Association of Tax Professionals
- Member of the National Society of Accountants
- Member of the Planned Giving Design Center Network
Stacey Thompson has been with the firm since day one. She handles most of the day to day operations in regards to the investment accounts that the firm manages. Her high attention to detail and tenacity for making sure the firm is compliant in all matters makes her an invaluable asset. Stacey has a Bachelor's degree in Psychology from South Dakota State University. Stacey is married to Ray and they have three children.
Leslie joined the firm in 2016. She has a background in accounting and worked for Sanford and Midland before joining the firm. Leslie handles many of the accounting duties that the firm performs for our clients and is one of main points of contact for the firms clients. Leslie is personable, hard working, and very detail oriented. She is an amazing asset and an integral part of the firm.
Wealth Management Assistant
Cody joined the firm in 2018. He holds a Bachelors degree in Business Economics from South Dakota State University. Cody assists Ray with all aspects of financial planning and investment management for the firms clients. He is also an active advocate for the firm and is always looking to add a few good clients. Cody's outgoing personality, high intellect and desire to make things happen makes him a great addition to the team!
Greg joined the firm in 2019 after working for the Argus Leader for 27 years, most recently as the Regional Finance Director. Greg is a Certified Public Accountant and holds a Bachelor's degree from Northern State University in Business Administration. Greg has extensive experience in accounting and tax and is an invaluable resource.
TD Ameritrade Institutional
We have partnered with TD Ameritrade Institutional to be the exclusive custodian for our client’s investment accounts. TD Ameritrade Institutional provides comprehensive brokerage and custody services to more than 4,000 fee-based, independent registered investment advisors (RIAs). Their industry leading technology platform, coupled with exceptional support from their service teams, allows us to grow and manage our practice more efficiently and effectively, while optimizing time with clients. They provide a robust offering of products, programs, and services designed to help us do the best possible job that we can to help our clients with their financial goals.
They are also committed to advocating on behalf of us and our clients on important issues. They understand the importance of being a fiduciary and strive to support us in our efforts to provide exception service to our clients.
We use Nationwide as a partner for some of our institutional clients and their company’s 401k plan. Nationwide is an industry leader in 401k plan administration and routinely provides exceptional service to our business clients and their employees. No matter the size of your company’s retirement plan, when you partner with Nationwide your employees get the same platform as even the largest company plans.