President & CEO
Ray Thompson attended the University of Sioux Falls and received a Bachelors degree in Public Accounting and Business Administration. He enjoys assisting clients with educated, professional advice. He has a high interest in the most complicated financial planning and income tax strategies, and really thrives guiding clients through these situations.
Licenses and Affiliations:
- EA – Enrolled Agent. An enrolled agent is a person who has earned the privilege of representing taxpayers before the Internal Revenue Service by passing a three-part comprehensive IRS test covering individual and business tax returns. Enrolled agent status is the highest credential the IRS awards.Enrolled agents, like attorneys and certified public accountants (CPAs), have unlimited practice rights. This means they are unrestricted as to which taxpayers they can represent, what types of tax matters they can handle, and which IRS offices they can represent clients before.
- Series 65 Securities License: This securities license is required by most U.S. states for individuals who act as investment advisors. The Series 65 exam, called the Uniform Investment Adviser Law Examination, covers laws, regulations, ethics and topics such as retirement planning, portfolio management strategies and fiduciary responsibilities.
- Member of the Financial Planning Association
- Member of the National Association of Tax Professionals
- Member of the National Society of Accountants
- Member of the Planned Giving Design Center Network